Friday, September 5, 2014

Random Poll: Hot Guy at the Door Edition


There are two movies coming out this month that deal with hot men knocking on your door.  No Good Deed and The Guest come out within 10 days of each other, and both trailers are playing nonstop on television.  When I went to the movies yesterday, the trailers played back to back, and the women sitting behind me definitely noticed the similarities ("I'd open the door for both of them," one of them declared before collapsing into a fit of giggles). Would you open your front door for these handsome gents?  

In No Good Deed, Idris Elba plays an escaped convicted who interrupts the perfect evening of a mother and daughter on a rainy night.  Taraji P. Henson plays the devoted wife, and she seems wary of Elba's intentions when he knocks on the door, claiming he is having car trouble.  It looks like a standard thriller, and I feel a bit wary that find this guy attractive.  I mean, it's Idris Elba.  Hopefully, we will see Henson kick the crap out of him in this cat and mouse thriller.


I'm sorry, what?  I just hallucinated...


I feel like we haven't seen Henson in a movie in a while even though she was in Think Like a Man Too earlier this year.  It could be a fun thriller.  


Elba's motives seem sinister from the beginning of Deed, but the same can't be said for Dan Stevens in The Guest.  

When Laura Peterson answers a knock at her front door, she is greeted by David, a charismatic soldier who was recently discharged.  He tells Laura that he served with her son, Caleb, who died in the war.  She invites David to stay with her and her children thinking that it will provide some closure in the death of her son.  Things start to get suspicious, however, when people start dying around the Petersons.  


Don't you know the rules?  Invite a studly man into your home, and he's bound to make shirtless passes at someone...

I find it interesting that the trailer points out that The Guest is from the makers of You're Next, the horror movie that no one saw.  It definitely appears to be more of a thriller than a splatterfest, though.


While both men are studly, I would have to go for Elba since he's more manly.  I mean, he plays a cold-blooded killer, so there's that element.  Stevens is hot in a Downton Abbey-trying-to-break-into-movies-so-I'll-remove-my-shirt kind of way.  I'm fine with it...



No comments:

Post a Comment