Monday, April 8, 2013

Can I Just See The Great Gatsby Already?!


May 10th can not come soon enough. 

Does anyone else think that Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby is never going to come out?  Every time I go to the movies, there's the trailer!  All colorful and loud!  Using some music not from the roaring 20s!  Damn you!!!  You are so close, yet so far!

Gatsby was supposed to come out last Christmas, but it was announce last August that, due to production schedule conflicts, it was getting pushed to summer 2013.  In the meantime, our senses have been assaulted by gorgeous promotional matierals.  At least three trailers have come out, and an endless supply of posters have been revealed.  I just want to see it.  Aaaaaaahhhh!!!

It is set to open the 66th Annual Cannes Film Festival. 

Just a sampling of the 16 posters I found online.




The two things I ALWAYS take away from these trailers:

I need this pool.

I love the way she reads this line at this exact moment.

"Gatsby?  What Gatsby?"

By the way, I am calling it now.  Isla Fisher gets some award buzz for Myrtle.  Lofty pronouncements here at MovieMojoe! 

Crying and runny eyeliner.  The things Best Supporting Actress Oscars are made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment